Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Never Quit, Keep Your Eye On The Goal

This is what I have been "preaching" to my Men's Choir and my Concert Choir at school. They are struggling with the concepts of Sight-reading. It is a new skill for them and it gives them fits, but I tell them no matter what happens "NEVER QUIT!" I think they believe me and trust me but I am not sure they believe in themselves. How do you teach that? I am kind of lost on this one. Although, if you look at the patterns of Christians or "Sinners," I honestly think that we believe in God and trust him but we just don't trust ourselves. I am going through some struggles in my life right now and am worried about the future. Just when I think it's about all I can handle, God lifts me up again. Tonight it was through Jimmy! You know the guy that I have mentioned in my previous blogs. We were talking and I was sharing some of my concerns and he just laid it out there. "Don't worry about tomorrow because we don't even know if we will have tomorrow," he said, "Take it one day at a time." His affirmation of my choices and his encouragement in my struggles was much needed and appreciated. I still wonder at times why I am in Marble Falls and why God sent me here. I know for sure that He knew that I would need a Jimmy in my life and I am so thankful he put Jimmy Mitchell there. I know I will "Never Quit and Keep My Eye On The Goal" which is Jesus Christ. Bless Jimmy and his wife, Elizabeth and their new baby girl, Jenniva. I pray that God gives me the patience with my students and that they can rely on Him to help them through their struggles. I also pray the God will teach them to believe in themselves. Have a great week. I have one more thing to say, Here is a big shout out for JD.

No comments: