Saturday, April 14, 2007

Part II of Catching up with Time

Following the special prayer time at the church, I took off for the Dallas Metroplex. I was a UIL All-Region Choir Clinician and Conductor for the Region 2 Middle School All-Region Choir. This is a great honor especially since I have only been in the profession for a little over 7 years. The experience was tons of fun but lots of work also. The concert turned out to be a wonderful experience for all and I got to see some close friends that I don't get to see as often as I would like since my move to the Hill Country.

The next week was our UIL Contest. The Marble Falls choirs did outstanding for their first year under a new director. They received 2 Superior ratings, 2 Excellent ratings, and 2 good ratings. We will be working towards making them all Superior ratings next year. I was really proud of all of them as they had worked hard in preparation for the contest. They have already started working towards next year.

Then came Easter! The gospel group "Ernie Hasse and the Signature Sound" sing a song called "Then Came the Morning!" It talks about the lead up to the crucifixion and then the resurrection. Which is what is all about. He died for us and for the forgiveness of our sins and PRAISE GOD he was resurrected so that we might be able to rise with him in glory one day. WOW!! I truly can't wait for the day when I get to see Christ.

Easter weekend was fast and furious as we had 17 teens and about a dozen "NOT SO TEEN" at LTC (Leadership Training for Christ) in Dallas. I will tell you all about that tomorrow. It's time for bed. Have a great week and say your prayers. Love ya.

No comments: